Monday, September 1, 2008

First Random Post for JMC 233

Well, I don't really know what to write here...

It's my first blog post, but I've never really been the type to blog. Apparently it's become a necessity for me, though. Well, I guess since I don't really have anything in particular to say, I'll just make this post about my personal project over the course of the summer.

The summer was mostly uninteresting; pretty much all I did was work. However, I did undertake a project for myself - I built myself a new computer. Here's the parts breakdown:


Case - Thermaltake Armor+MX Mid Tower

Power Supply - PC Power & Cooling 610W Continuous Power Supply

Motherboard - DFI Lan Party DK P35-T2RS

Processor - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz

Graphics Card - nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB

Memory - Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800

System Drive - Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10,000 RPM SATA II HDD

Storage Drive - 2 x 750GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM SATA II HDD (RAID 1)

OS - Windows XP Professional SP3


Here's what it all comes out to in the end:






Sorry for the grain in the last picture. It was pretty low light.

No comments: